Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Snowed In!


I bet  you expected a photo of a snow storm, lol. We did get an earthquake yesterday, that was my first experience with one. It started in Maine, but travelled all the way to RI and it shook the house.

Last month I won some free patterns from This-n-That Fabrics. Today I finally finished the stitching on one, it is called, Snowed In, Lovin' It, by Chickadee Hollow Designs. I thought it would make a nice gift for someone who likes to quilt. I used fabric markers for the colors, as it was done in the pattern.I think the extra color adds a fun touch and gives it some pop. I didn't add hair to her head, and I didn't read how to do the scarf and hat, I just hand knotted pieces to the spots and it didn't come out too bad.

If you haven't signed up to follow This-N-That Fabric's Blog, you should, they have lots of fun contests and right now they are still taking votes for the Awesome Autumn Challenge.

Now I have to figure out how I want to finish this piece. The original is in a frame and I like that idea, or I might make it into a mini quilt. I added a piece of batting before I stitched it to give it a more sculpted look, and it is a great way to hide the stitches.


11 comments:

Dorothy said...

I think your stitchery is beautiful . It would be lovely as a little Christmas quilt to hang up over the Festive season.

marie said...

Great job, Debbie. Would make a wonderful gift.

Anna said...

It is absolutely adorable! what was the richter scale of the earthquake?

Barbara said...

Very cute stitchery. I have a friend who would love this. I like what you did with the fabric markers.

cucki said...

so sweet xxxx

moosecraft said...

Awesome! Absolutely love it!

Libby said...

See - earthquakes aren't so bad. You just rumble and/or roll for a few seconds. No shoveling required *s*

Dawn said...

An earthquake - wow, now you can say you've been through one. Glad there were no injuries.
Love the snowman, I think a little quilt would be sweet.
Congrats on your win!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I can see this in a great rustic frame. :)

Earthquakes are so strange. I lived in St. Louis for a while and was in the backyard when they had one. You just have this odd feeling of experiencing something that does not compute in your brain like the earth moving under your feet! Did not like it.

Kathy H said...

I love how the stitchery turned out. It will make a great gift.

Soggibottom said...

Forgot to add... PERFECT :-) X X X