Friday, October 19, 2012

Snowed in ... Finished!


I worked on my new piece and finished it tonight. I added a border of various Christmas prints and then added a green border that has stars on it. I think it gave it just enough prim, but still fun. I am not sure if I should use walnut stain on it? What do you think?

The pattern is from Chickadee Hollow Designs and it was gifted to me by This-n-That Fabrics. There is still time to vote for your favorite quilt, if you haven't yet.

I still need to fix the bird, missed a spot with the marker and forgot the green for the leaves on the birdhouse. We won't mention the sloppy job I did on the border binding, my brain cannot think straight so that seems to be effecting my newest pieces, wait till you see my next one, talk about wonky, lol. I wonder if anyone would want this;) For the quilting, I used Lana wool thread.


13 comments:

Jacque. said...

that is darn cute! wonkiness only adds to the charm!

cucki said...

so sweet xxx

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

It's darling! I think it's perfect! Can you tell me about using walnut stain? I have only heard of Instant Antique product... Sorry I have been missing in action. Have been super busy. Hope to have more time to catch up on your posts soon. Love the goodies you have posted recently!

Melody said...

It is so cute.

moosecraft said...

I love it as-is! Wonky and no walnut stain... It really is a great piece!

Carol Swift said...

What a great idea to fill in spots with markers. Of course someone would want it!

Barbara said...

This is so cute. I have a friend who would love it.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Great finish! I would not stain it unless you know the recipient would want it more prim.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Soggibottom said...

I kinda like it just the way it is :-)
:-) X X X

Joanne Lendaro said...

Too Cute!! Love it!!

The Joy of Needlework said...

Hi Deb, Fianlly made over to visit your blog and as always it is wonderful, Love the latest stitchery with the quilted trim. You are really good at what you do. Hugs, LenZie

Deb said...

That is really cute!! I have to agree with others and say that the wonkiness adds to the charm!

Carole said...

I just love it! You do such great work! Sweet quilt! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!