Monday, October 1, 2012

Fabric Apple Tutorial!


Whenever I see a new free pattern, I just have to try it. The apple tutorial can be found at Fabric Paper Thread. But.... we know I don't follow patterns, lol. So, I looked at Lorrie's pdf file and then I looked at the pdf pattern of apples that I got as a freebie, from Tennessee Ridge Primitives and went with the simpler version, since it only used 4 larger pieces. I guess you could say that mine are a combination of both patterns with a bit of my own style.

The one thing I did different on mine, was to tack down the center, after I stuffed it, to give it the depth on the top like a real apple. I cut out a leaf with wool, but you could use a fake leaf or pick one from outside. The stem is from a vine that grows along our fence, just right for an apple stem. I gave them a light walnut wash to tone down the fabric, so it give them a nice shaded effect.




15 comments:

Linda said...

These are so cute!!! And look fun to make! :-)

paulette said...

Theses are DANG cute!! Well done! You are sew clever!
P

Rock River Stitches said...

Love those apples!!!

Tammy

kelley said...

wonderful Debbie! now I want some fabric apples too...

Anna said...

I love them!!! 1 pound please! lol

Melody said...

Love these. They are fabulous.

cucki said...

So sweet..I love them so much xxx

Deborah OHare said...

So sweet!

Karen said...

Good lookin' apples. Have you made a pear? I have seen a lot of pears in Blogland. I think most are made for pin cushions. And you have made pumpkins. You are going to have a whole fabric garden soon.

Deb said...

Those are cute! And I would have tacked down the center too.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Wonderful apples - thanks for the heads up on the tutorial!

Cheryl Lynch Quilts said...

Your decorations are just perfect for my favorite season.

Jackie said...

These turned out very cute and love the way you displayed them.
TFS.
Jackie

Soggibottom said...

Best of all you can't eat them :-) They can stay for ages and ages :-) I love this idea Debbie, your apples really do look good enough to eat though :-) X X X

Lorrie said...

Cute apples. Thanks for the link to my pattern. Adapting is something I do a lot of, too.