After a failed attempt, I finally got the top, of the wedding ring pillow, stitched. With the advice from a friend, I went with a cream linen. When I got the fabric I checked out the threads and went with a cream pearl cotton. I like how the thicker pearl cotton gives it just enough of a raised effect to show, but blend in with the linen. My DIL is letting her mom make the arrangements and pick out the dress, etc, so I want the pillow to be simple, but nice, and match any type of setting they have.
I will be adding a ribbon with pearls down the middles of the front and on the back, I plan on doing a simple design with names and date, so I need to draw that out tomorrow. I used my pocket camera, so not the best shot to show it off. The camera wanted to turn it yellow, but it is more of a light cream.
The pillow size is going to be 8". The design itself, can be found on this website. It is in french and I have no idea what most of it says, but enough to know that they have wonderful free designs. I modified it, to fit the corners of my pillow and will be happy to share the design with you, as soon as I scan it in.
Before I started stitching I needed to clean the house and Izzy does not like the vacuum, so she ran into the bedroom, but that was where I was going. When she realized that, she decided that this would be a good place to hide.