Friday, July 6, 2012

Table Runner and Thrift Goodie!


It took me most of the week, but I finally finished the quilted piece that my friend Kelley sent me. I decided to make it into a table runner and with the red and white it works well for americana and I can use it for Christmas too. The photo makes it look square but it is actually 34 1/2' x 23". I used black pearl cotton and hand stitched around each block, then an X across them.


I wanted to get out today and decided to hit the local consignment store, it is like a thrift, except they have antiques and vintage goodies. I was hoping to find some nice wood items but nothing today, so I got myself a fun item that I can put on a shelf. I might decorate around it and add pieces to make a whole village or maybe a sea port scene for the bathroom shelf. The angel is something I carved years ago and the cat is something I found in a gift store. It could also be decorated for the holidays, so fun for halloween and Christmas.


8 comments:

Terry said...

Your runner looks great! I love those colors! Great thrift store find too! :0)

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Loved your quilt block!! Great finds!!

Carrie P. said...

Very nice table runner. After all the quilting I know you are glad to have it finished.
maybe you will find some things next time you go shopping.

Deborah OHare said...

Lovely table runner and a great find.

Unknown said...

The runner looks wonderful! So good when you can use something for more than one season. Great job!

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

Love the little quilt, you did the binding so well, it is so even and flat- great job!!!

coinguyslady said...

Your table runner looks great.

Michelle Palmer said...

All looks sweet~ especially your special angel and red, white & blue!