Yesterday I rested and wanted something easy to keep my hands busy, so I made a new punch needle piece. I used Laurel Burch design from my book and reduced it a little to fit the size I needed. After I did the punch, I sewed on a cotton lining and left an opening at the bottom, so I could turn it. I didn't really plan it too well, I wanted to sew the entire piece but need to figure out how to do that. So, I used a piece of wool for the back and used a blanket stitch to attach it to the front piece. It works and it fits my iPhone, so good enough;) I wanted something I could keep it in when it is in my purse to keep it from getting banged around.
The floss is dmc that I over dyed, so a bit bright. I decided to antique it to tone it down. Of course the flash lightened it back up. It is sitting on a mesh chair, not a great background choice.