Monday, March 26, 2012

Mini Quilt!


Sometimes I like to make things, just to try it out and mini quilts are a great way to do that.
I was browsing for hints on piecing and found this blog with a tutorial on making triangles, so I just had to try it. You can find the tutorial at That Girl That Quilt and I used the first method. It was fun and easy to do and lots of possibilities. Of course I cannot sew a straight line if my life depended on it, lol.

As you can see, my points are off and my border is wonky, but that seems to be my style lately;) I guess you could call it my antique Easter quilt. It measures about 8" x 10" and the individual half square blocks are 1 1/4". I machine pieced and the rest is hand sewed. When it was done, I used watered down walnut spray, to antique it.


17 comments:

Fiona said...

Isn't that lovely... I find the smaller the pieces are the harder they are to match....
Hugz

Unknown said...

I think it is wonderful.
Love the colors!!
Great job.
Tam

Dorothy said...

It's really nice. I think I'll make one too.

Barbara said...

Impressive!

The Joy of Needlework said...

Want lovely quilt piece it look very old. I enjoy the blog too. I can see an wonderful pillow made like that for and antique bedroom set.

moosecraft said...

A fantastic Easter quilt! Love it! I'm off to check out the tutorial now...

HomeSpunPrims said...

A great little quilt Debbie! Love the fabrics you used. Hugs, Lori

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great little quilt!

Anonymous said...

I like it lots!

paulette said...

I love it!! Well done!!
P

Lori said...

Very prim and cute!!

Libby said...

Darling - sometimes points are overrated *s*

Carole said...

Cute quilt! Ya know, when it comes to hst, no matter how accurate I try to be, I always seem to need to square them. So I gave up and just make them bigger and square away! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Cute! I think the little bit of "wonk" adds to the charm of the quilt.

Jennifer :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love it! Makes me so want to try quilting but I don't have enough hours in the day for the things I've already got on the to-do list!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Allie said...

Beautiful job, Debbie, I love it! I made my first hst's using that method and I'm sold on it. LOVE it.

Nancy in MT said...

I just checked out the blog with the HST tutorial, I think I will have to try that. Always love your wonky pieces. Should be the name of a book you do.