Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Paddling with a new camera!


Today we went to the state park, over 500 acres of water to paddle and I am tired, lol.
I got tired of hearing my parts are not in yet and waiting for my good camera from my BIL, so i decided it was time to get a waterproof pocket camera. I can put it in my life jacket pocket and just pull it out, no more opening the black box and pulling out my large one. Plus my old camera only takes about 5 shots before it is filled up, not good when you are out on the water and see lots of interesting things.

So, I did some practice shots, used the sony cybershot TX10 on autofocus and it does know what to focus on and gets nice clean shots with great color. I didn't have to do anything, just reduced the size and used as is. With the camera I broke, the photos came out on the red side and the old sony tended to be more blue, so it is nice to get true colors right out of the camera. There are lots of features, I nice touch screen, so I don't have to hunt on the body for buttons. It also takes movies and 3D, plus it is waterproof, I can take underwater photos too, so I can have fun in the water and out.

The bad things are, it is hard to get fast shots of birds flying by, lol. I think if I practice more and get used to what I am doing, I can pull out the camera and get smoother shots of moving objects. Also, since it is so slim and the shutter is in the front, you have to watch where you put your fingers. But for a pocket camera, I loved using it, love how the photos came out and think it is a great camera to use on trips or for your home photos. It even has functions for better portraits, so for an all over camera that is also waterproof, it is worth the buy.

I love how the colors look.



This is at the campsites, not sure where that band of color come from, need to check the lens. Then my photoshop crashed when I went to do another photo, so I gave up. My macbook doesn't have the room for the larger files, so guess it is time to clean out my excess files.

14 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

Wow! The colors are so vivid. I would love to have a waterproof camera. I'm afraid to bring mine to the beach, water park, etc. I didn't realize they could take underwater photos! Now it's even more tempting.

acorn hollow said...

kayaking this year has been my biggest joy. Great pictures. I take my little sony with me and I think it does great.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pictures! Keep on sharin'!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jacque. said...

Great colors!

Fiona said...

Lovely pics... the lake looks as clear as a mirror...
Hugz

paulette said...

Looks like fun! This year we are into hiking...and man am I aching tonight...went up a mountain on a 2 hour hike...I think I'm too old for this! Your pictures are wonderful...very clear and gorgeous colours!
Take care!

P

Barbara said...

Nice images. What fun to have a new toy!

moosecraft said...

Nice camera! Great colors! That rock looks interesting... I think I see a face in it!

kelley said...

Great imges from the new camera...you and Bill have such fun outdoor adventures...love those rocks!

frontporchprims said...

I am glad you found a camera that is more handy outdoors. The pictures look great. -Steph-

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy the kayaking photos...like I said before...my husband is very interested in getting us kayaks.

Anna said...

Wow, who would have thought you had batten down the hatch less than a week ago! Glad you are out enjoying the sunshine!

Linda said...

Photos are great, very clear. I think your camera is doing a fab job!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great crisp photos Deb - looks like you've found yourself a keeper! I have a Sony Cyber shot also - but it's not waterproof - and I'm a little photography-challenged, so haven't figured everything out on it as yet....hey - I've only had it 2 years! ;o) Paddle on - and Happy September! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin