Thursday, August 4, 2011

Noah's Ark!

I was going to wait to take a photo, but I thought I would show you my progress. The picture is horrid, but i have to put up with my old camera which only has 5 mp's, so even in light the photos aren't great. I am using the book Noah, by Patek, Brannock and Kimmel. I plan on adding a few embellishments like a beard, etc, after I finish stitching the piece. I just wanted something fun to work on and I will hang it over my double doors. The space is narrow, so the piece will be 9" by 68" long. I will probably add a black border just to frame it, since it can't be too big. After I sew Mrs Noah and the tree, I will start adding animals and then see what space is left and throw some birds in the empty areas.

Today I started out feeling horrid, but then I went out for a swim and felt good enough to do some garden work. I have two yellow squashes almost ready and the beans should be ready for this weekend. Just wish the tomatoes would ripen, next year I have to start earlier. I really appreciate all of your comments and well wishes. My brain works on and off, so I can only do so much thinking in one day;)

10 comments:

moosecraft said...

A swim sounds pretty good about now! Your Noah is looking fabulous! Have a relaxing day!

Lori said...

It is so cute!!

Libby said...

Love those old Red Wagon books - I have found a couple to add to my stash and I just cherish them *s*

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Hope you feel better real soon...the Noah is looking good.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a fun project Debbie! I see "kitties" get special treatment on your ark....as it should be!! Hope you continue to improve and have better days. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is cute! I like it!

Anna said...

I love the wonderful fabric choices. WIP are fun to see! Take care!

Allie said...

That is a darling project! Don't you love being able to make something to fit perfectly in a space? I'm glad you're feeling better!

deb said...

its wonderful..love it! my tomatos arent ripe yet either????

Linda said...

Love it!!! The girls room had a Noah's Ark theme when they were babies.