Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A day in the Cove!


Today I slept in, really needed it. Then I got to the doctors and it was a long visit, seems everyone else needed to get in too and since it is a clinic, you wait your turn. I just wanted to get out so I could go paddling, lol. I will be on two antibiotics this time to start killing off the lyme. I need to be symptom free before I can go off or it comes back and I don't want that to happen.

Since it was late, we went to the cove and paddled for three hours, well, paddled and strolled the shores, since it was low tide.
So many wonderful things today and with low tide, we could walk on and along side the breakers.



On the opposite side is a neighborhood and the old Navy base which is now home to Electric Boat. Anyone missing a boat?



There were lots of crabs and starfish. I like the contrast of colors on these.



Bill said this is a dog fish, wish I could have gotten a clearer picture, he was so ugly, he was cute.



And on the way back we paddled through town and then along the marina's. I guess another boat got lost and found it's way here. Tomorrow we are heading south for a paddle, so were we go will depend on what is open in that area.

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful views but very sad boats!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful pics. I especially love the one with the starfish!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Libby said...

Glad you got the chance to get out and about. A shame about the boats though.

~Madalynne~ said...

Love the starfish pic! I would hate to be the owner of that boat.

Anna said...

What a wonderful paddle! How nice to breath the fresh air and enjoy the surroundings!

Allie said...

Beautiful pics hon - but oh I feel for the boat owners!!!

Lynn Barbadora said...

Beautiful pictures Deb.....especially the star fish! Such a shame about the boats.
Hugs,
Lynn

moosecraft said...

Wouldn't it be something if someone recognized one of those boats? And emailed you HEY that's my boat!!! lol! The dog fish looks like a giant tad pole... cute! Beautiful scenery over by you! I hope this combo of antibioptics does the trick!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love those starfish. What beautiful pictures. I love it when you take us on a paddle.

jackiero said...

Wonderfully worded post! May your health continue to improve; the owners of the boats finds it, and I love how you enjoy the outdoors via the kayak :)

Linda said...

Great pics! Poor boat.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What beautiful sights you see....I've never seen a starfish up close and personal - but have always thought them amazing creatures. Here's to effective antibiotics and "symptom-free!" Hope you're having a wonderful day....YIKES about those boats!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin