Sunday, August 7, 2011

Animals, two by two!

I added a few more things this weekend. I finished Mrs. Noah and the tree and then added some animals. I took the elephants from the Country Days book, but I think they look a bit babyish, so I can going to add tusks to mine.



On the right side I went with zebras. I used the horse pattern and traced it out a little differently, then used this fun striped fabric that my friend kelly gave me. Later I will add birds and some will go on a back or two. I think it is coming out a little wonky, trying to keep it with the bottom lines for layout, but my brain is wonky too, so wonky it shall be;)

Still waiting for the camera part, it is supposed to come on the 15th, but I sure wish they would hurry, so maybe I could get some shots that show the colors better. So, you will have to bear with me and look at my horrid photos for now;)

18 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Hope you continue to feel better, Debbie. That is a horrible disease..what a way to spend the last part of your summer...but you'll do better, it just takes time. I love the Noah's Art piece your made. The fabrics are just perfect

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it looks really cool! The zebras are wonderful!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the zebras Deb....it's coming together wonderfully - with or without a good camera (even with a good camera, I can't seem to take a different photo!) And wonky...well, I'm kind of a fan of wonky!! Have a wonderful week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

The zebras are fab! I like the little elephants...not really babyish! The whole piece is going to be great.
Courtney

Jeni said...

I love your Noah's Ark block!!! Can't wait to see what else you do!
Jeni

Debra Lloyd said...

Love your Noah! I have an idea for a Noah rug that is rattling around in my brain.
Love the zebra fabric.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well!!! I just love to come here and see Prim works of art!

kelley said...

your latest piece is coming along great Debbie...love the zebras too!

glad you're feeling well enough to get so much stitching done...probably a good way to distract yourself from the side effects of meds...

Lori said...

I love it! The elephants look prim not babyish;)

Raymond Homestead said...

What a cute pattern!

~Madalynne~ said...

Lookin' good Debbie! You have a way of choosing just the right fabric for every piece.

Soggibottom said...

Speachless always when I see your work Debbie
:-) xxx
Moki and the girls ?
:-)

Allie said...

I LOVE it - especially the zebras, wow! I hope you're feeling better hon!

moosecraft said...

Cute! That's a great fabric for the zebras!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Looks like it's coming along very nicely....hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Linda said...

It's going to be beautiful when it's done!!

Rebecka said...

I love your animals. I like your elephants and zebras!
I hope you are feeling better.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

This is wonderful! I love your animals. It is great you can still be creative while not feeling well.
Hang in there, this too shall pass!!!

I swear I saw your cat in my backyard this morning! :)