Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Three Musketeers!

We were out today looking at new cars and yes, we got one. I am hard core, the poor car dealer, lol.
I am blunt and said I want the cheapest car with the lowest payments;) Took him a few trips to the manager, but we got what we wanted and with the payments and gas mileage, it comes out less than what he is paying to fill mine, for a month.

When I got home, the kitties were no where in site and this is where I found them. This was such a shock, Dora never goes near Moki and when she does, it is usually to attach him. Lately Moki and Izzy have been sleeping with me at night, so I guess Dora decided that it is her bed too;)



It was a day of surprises, I got a special surprise from my friend Sharon. In her note, she said the gifts were supposed to go out last spring, and since then she has added to the goodies and I am overwhelmed with all of the wonderful gifts. It is like she read my mind, books that I had wanted, patterns I had wanted, candles, a journal, magazines for quilting and hooking, Kits to make pin cushions, a wax crow who looks great on my peg rack and a beautiful cross stitch kitty. I am awed at her cross stitch, such perfect tiny stitches, I wish I could stitch like that, but at least I can enjoy her beautiful work. And in the packages on the left are shapes that are made from compressed scraps of cloth, very neat to use and neat idea to try myself. I can't wait to make some of the items and they will make great gifts for others. The funny thing is, I was just thinking that I need to make a few more braided chair pads and this time, try to make them right. Well, one of the books she sent is a braiding book with wonderful instructions and photos, so I am definitely going to read that before I make one.



Here is a close up of the cross stitch. Not a great photo, it is so wonderful in person. I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's day tomorrow. I plan on running away from home and going for a walk. It's either that or stay home and cook for them, I don't think so, lol.

12 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

WOW Debbie....that's quite a haul! Nice friend I'd say! LOVE that little Halloween kitty piece!!! And...oh....your kitties are so sweet....I vote for running away - no way you should be cooking tomorrow. Have a good hike! Smiles, Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

Karmen said...

Sweet little kitty commune right on your bed. As long as they don't touch things are a-okay. Love the pum-kitty cross stitch. Karmen

Linda said...

CongRats on the car! That's exciting! Kitties are funny! Lol! Noce goodies! Love the cross stitch! Happy Mother's Day!

Allie said...

Well congrats on your new car! The pic of the kitties is so cute - love the captions, lol. What lovely gifts you received - love that kitty cross-stitch! Have a wonderful Mother's Day and NO COOKING!!!!!

kelley said...

Talk about a good day...wish I'd had you along when I bought my last car...

Oh the cats are a hoot...love how you can read their minds...

What a treat from Sharon!!! Lucky you...

acorn hollow said...

what a wonderful surprise! such great things. congrats on the car. we are paymentless and will try to stay that way as long as we can.
Cathy

Farm Field Primitives said...

Wow....you received some great things. Lucky girl!! Maybe your kitties were planning a Mother's Day surprise for you!! Have a wonderful day!
~Melissa~

moosecraft said...

lol! Love the pic and captions with the kitties... that is exactly what they were thinking! Methinks you arrived home just in time to save Moki! So very happy that you enjoyed this box of goodies! I had a fun time stitching and gathering it all for you! Enjoy your walk out in the sunshine today!

Anonymous said...

Blogger is being a stinker this morning! I just wrote a nice comment and it went to service unavailable!
Hope you got the model and color you wanted in the car too!!! How fun!
Those kitties best behave for it is "momma's day" around there!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Deb ~
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Great pic of the kitties!
Oh, what great goodies from Sharon. Love the cross stitch!
What kind of car did you end up getting?
Hugs :)
Lauren

~Madalynne~ said...

Love the kitty photo . . . I guess we all mellow a bit with age :)

A Painted Journey said...

How cute are those fur babies! hahahah Our youngest cat, Baby, attacks/tries to play with our old gal, Tiger (17 years), who hisses and wants nothing to do with Baby. But every once in a while I find both of them curled up on the bed, bodies almost touching! It's so cute :) Love the captions on your photos!
Your cross stitch is awesome!!! What a nice surprise!... Donna