Monday, May 16, 2011

New Welcome Quilt!

I finished my quilt yesterday and today I antiqued it, so all done.
I made this one to go at my entryway, to replace my bird piece.
I cropped the quilt, since I stuck it up quick for a photo, it looks distorted;)

This quilt is a design by Cheri Saffiote for the new magazine, Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine. I decided to do this one first since it was perfect to put on the wall for the spring and summer season. This is one magazine that I didn't say, I will make this one day, I want to make a few now, lots of wonderful projects. Cheri does a lot of wonderful primitive patterns, so if you have never seen her patterns, visit Quilts by Cheri and you won't be disappointed.

Today I started a new quilt, a new one for my bed. I did not make my last one, large enough, so hoping this will fit better.
I am attempting a braided design, so once I get a few rows done, I will show you my progress.

As for my last posting.... I was a writer for a while, I wrote a weekly column for kid's science and medicine. I also wrote trivia questions for an educational site, a game site and a review for a Mac gaming site. I haven't written in ages, except for my blog, so I have gotten lazy with my writing;) There is always beach glass, but mostly from kids and people who don't care about our environment, not enough wave action on the bay to get smooth glass, unless it has been laying there for years.

22 comments:

Linda said...

Your quilt turned out just beautiful! Wow!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great little quilt Deb....My ~ you are one with many talents, aren't you??! (PS - Once a writer, always a writer I'd say....) Smiles & Hugs, Robin

jackiero said...

Wow! Beautiful :)

BubzRugz said...

Beautifully done...
Hugz

quiltsbycheri said...

always fun to see what personal creatives choices are made to make the project a personal one, yours are wonderful....thanks for sharing cheri

Allie said...

Oh good job - I love this one! Perfect for spring and summer. You have so many talents - you're constantly surprising me!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful summer quilt! The crow with the flag is so cute! You have me curious about the braided quilt idea...

Jeni said...

Debbie! I love how you made the quilt! It turned out great! That is one I want to make also! Jeni

Sue Tokash said...

A beautiful quilt, my favorite from the magazine too.

~Madalynne~ said...

Sweet quilt Debbie! I like the embroidered panels.

julieQ said...

I have this quilt "dog-earred" in my copy of the magazine! Yours is just gorgeous...I think it is wonderful that you are a writer! And I do care about beach glass too...

Lori said...

That is adorable! It will be terrific to see at an entry way!

Terry said...

Your little quilt is so pretty! I love it! :0)

Staci said...

Love your Americana quilt!
How interesting that you wrote educational pieces & gaming and game reviews! You have all kinds of talents beyond those involving textiles, don't you?

The Wooden Acorn said...

You did a lovely job. Nice color choices. I love Cheri's designs which are so inspirational.

Micki said...

Your quilt is just stunning! You did an awesome job with it!
Micki

Beckyjean said...

Beautiful quilt!! I'm working on the same one right now. I love how you enhanced the original design.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Deb said...

Your quilt came out great! I was just looking at that magazine today and saw it. Funny how I see it again a few hours later! It looks wonderful.

Raymond Homestead said...

Great job, love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful quilt Debbie. I love it!!!

Carole said...

That really turned out sweet! You are amazing at antiquing! Great magazine isn't it?! We sold of of our copies at the Shoppe. Thanks for sharing!

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE this!! It is welcoming! Great Job!!