Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Pin Keeps!

I decided to I wanted to make one of Red Brolly's designs into a pin keep for myself.
I stick my needles in a pincushion and the hand sewing ones, always get lost.
So, I made this to hold my favorite ones. I used art markers to color in the design, then I stitched around that.



I made it into a trifold, so it has room for needles and scissors. I used velcro for the closure.
My machine stitching was off a bit, but good for practice and since it is mine, it doesn't have to be perfect, just practical;)
The green wool is one of the first wools I ever bought from our local store. It was a cheaper one, but thick, so it felts up too much with washing and dying, but perfect for wool projects.

Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway, and check out the posting to learn more about me.



I also received a wonderful gift in the mail yesterday. We were having an egg contest at our primitive quilt group and Dorothy sent me this wonderful pin keep as a thank you for hosting it. Isn't it wonderful! She also gave me some vintage thread that I can use in my art projects.

12 comments:

Linda said...

What a great idea!! Love it!!

What a thoughtful gift!

paulette said...

Love your pin keeper!! Very cute!!
P

moosecraft said...

Cute and practical!

Firecracker Kid said...

Very nice and useful.
xoxo~Carol

TheCrankyCrow said...

Two very sweet pin keeps!! Love them both! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Allie said...

Darling idea Debbie, very cute - and what a lovely gift you got! Have to ask though, what is an egg contest?

Karen said...

Creative use of the Red Brolly design. Would look good in my basket of various pin cushions. LOL!

Bronwyn Hayes said...

Debbie, It turned out fantastic! You are so creative. Brutus will be most pleased that this was designed around him. I love the use of the markers to add colour, what a great technique!

Thank you again for being such a wonderful person to interview for my blog. You've been very popular!

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I love your pin keep - nice job!!!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

All is well when you have good friends. :)

Carrie P. said...

that kitty in the tree is so cute.

Carole said...

What a cute pin keeping! You are so talented and creative! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!