Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moki Caption Winner!

Today I needed to take a sewing break, my fingers are really sore. I stick myself a lot, the point in one finger and the eye in another. Plus when I sew, I tend to lean into my bad ribs, which is not a good idea. So, what to do, a new punch needle. I decided to make the pattern that Sharon sent me. I used colors from my scrap boxes, need to use those up. For the bird, I used the valdani black. The original pattern is by Brenda of With Thy Needle and Thread. It is pin keep on a base, so maybe I will mount it later. I actually made in this afternoon and finished it tonight, so maybe I will reduce it and make some smaller ones to put around the house.



And now for the winning number, it was number 21, Melissa of Farm Field Primitives! Congratulations Melissa! Please email me with your choice of pattern from my ecrater site. Thank you all for joining in and making me laugh. I still need to get some patterns made up and when I do, I will have another contest when they come out.

18 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats to Melissa! Love your little nesting bird!!

~Madalynne~ said...

You sure work fast Debbie . . . that little bird is a cutie!

Congrats to Melissa!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yah for Melissa! Lucky gal! Thanks for a fun giveaway Deb - I giggled just reading everyone's captions....Sweet little bird. Love it in the nest....Wow...you're a remarkably fast puncher!!! Smiles ~ Robin

BubzRugz said...

Well done Melissa.. what a georgeous bird you have made.... it all looks so great together with the nest....
Hugz

paulette said...

Your bird is adorable and love the little nest!! Very sweet!
P

Allie said...

Love your little bird, and congrats to Melissa! Oh Debbie I just HATE it when the eye of the needle goes into my finger.....ouch.

Beckyjean said...

I just love your little bird. I have that pattern too, but haven't taken the time to make it.

Congrats to Melissa!!

Have a wonderful day~Becky

julieQ said...

Congratulations to your winner!! Your bird is just wonderful!

moosecraft said...

Wow! Your birdie looks GREAT perched on top of her nest! And, so quick too!

Congrats to Melissa!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Congrats to Melissa! Cute bird!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!!!

Farm Field Primitives said...

Oh,I'm so excited that I won!! Thanks so much. I'm off to check out the patterns!! Have a great day.
~Melissa~

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

Congrats Melissa! Love your birdie and nest..Tina

quiltsbycheri said...

i'm constantly poking myself too!
but i don't needlepunch so i just have to deal with the sore fingers!
your bird turned out too sweet...i am lucky to have a very talented daughter who has done punchneedle for me and i treasure them...

antique quilter said...

I love this picture that birds nest and the bird is just beautiful.
would look great on my foyer table :)
congrats to Melissa
kathie

Berit said...

That egyptian quilt is awesome! :o

What a lovely gift package! Love the Halloween pillow and how awesome that she sent you just the book you "needed".

Also, I do love this little bird. Very nicely done.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Cute lil' bird on the nest! I know what you mean about sore fingers.....I sure stick myself alot :) Love the abc stitcheries in a few post back!

Carole said...

What a cute project! I love the way you have it set up! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!