Friday, October 1, 2010

New Punch Needle and Contest pattern

I finished the second rooster, or maybe it is a chicken, I can never get those right, lol.
I used more variegated threads in this piece, but not thrilled with the way the shades went together.
I definitely need to try more dying with floss, so I can make my own shades.

This is the second for the new pattern set, so now I have to get the drawings scanned and the patterns made up.
It would be easier if I used one computer, but my pdf program is on the old computer, so I have to mail things back and forth to the computers and run up and down stairs;) Hopefully they will be ready by monday.

I am so pleased with all the new followers, even if I never win a go, I love having new blogging friends.
I also like the follower list, because I can click on your name and visit your sites too.
I got to see the new baby Go, today. It is a smaller version, and a lot cheaper. That will go onto my wish list now and Kelly of I Have A Notion is doing a preorder sale for only 99.00, good deal!

This piece will be up for sale tomorrow night, if you are interested.
You can leave a comment in any post this weekend, just say you want to be entered into the contest.
Also, if you are not into chickens and you want to enter, you can pick another pattern if you prefer, or for those who do cross stitch, you can have one of those, when I get around to making them;) I do have some finished pieces, just need to figure out how to use the program and make them into pdf files.

18 comments:

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! I love this guy. I'll be watching for that pattern. What a fun punch this winter while the snow flies.

I have to check out this go machine thingee. I haven't a clue what they are. Something fun and will have to be added to my Christmas list???

Teresa

primitivebettys said...

Lovely punching! I would say that is a rooster. I've always thought they were the prettiers ones. ;) I would love to be entered into your contest.

Smiles,

Betty

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Another great punch. Love the colors you used.

Quilts And Pieces said...

OMG! This is even cuter than the other one! I love it!

Dorothy said...

Love the rooster. He's definately a rooster with those wonderful tail feathers.
I need to learn how to needlepunch,
better still if I enter your contest I have a change to win him which would be wonderful, so please put me in.

Deb said...

I love your rooster! I think it's the best yet.

And I've had my eye on a Go! for forever. Wish that I could afford one, but the smaller version sounds like it's in my price range.

Lori said...

You may not be thrilled with the coloring, but I think it is fantastic!!!
I'd love to enter your contest.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your style!! Remember to try on Fridays at the Accuquilt Facebook page for a GO!

Soggibottom said...

Lovely proud rooster. It must have taken you ages. :-) x x x

Kim D. said...

Your Rooster is so adorable!! Great job on the pattern. I have chickens/roosters in my kitchen.

The Quilted Finish said...

I've never tried rug hooking but I do love the result! Thanks for entering my giveaway. You have a great blog.

Crystal said...

Please enter my name in your drawing. I love to punch and I have made several things. I follow your blog to keep up with all the new upcoming projects.

Sandi said...

What a great design, definitely a rooster! Such a proud carriage and wonderful tail feathers.

Time to find my needlepunch!

Vicki W said...

It's so cute! I have a soft spot for chickens and roosters!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

So cute..You are the fastest puncher I have every seen. WOW.

Pat

From Sherry's Heart said...

Please enter me in your pattern give away. Rooster,Chicken,Whatever,it's very cool!!!!
Sherry

old crow said...

I just love your Rooster!! Love the colors too!! Please enter me in your wonderful giveaway!!

Happy Crafting!!
Mona

Ruth said...

Love the pillow - great colors!