I finished my new hanging tonight.
With this one, I wanted something simple and fast to make up.
I used wool for the applique and DMC pearl cotton for the stitchery.
I buy the small balls and use a coupon, so it is cheaper than using floss by the skein.
The autumn fabric was from my friend Kelley. I love that material as a border, fits in perfect with the theme. I do have more of it and in two shades, tempted to try a thanksgiving table cloth with it.
The pattern is by Tiffany of Primitive Blessings. I wanted the pattern larger than the paper, so I made it the size I wanted, then cropped the picture in half and printed, went back and cropped the other half and printed that out, so I had the exact size that I need for transferring. It is a nice way to get larger versions without paying a print shop. If you do not have a program that you can enlarge with, you can use the basic one in the same way. Set to print full size on the paper, then crop half of the picture and print that out, then go back and crop the other half and print.
The backing on this piece was some old material that I had grunged up, so it had an antique look to begin with. I sprayed a bit of walnut on it to darken it more, in some spots. I am happy with how this one came out, antiqued, without being too dark.
Oh, Scrap! Blog Hop Continues
16 hours ago