Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday's Stroll

I decided I wanted to go for a hike, in Arcadia park area.
The park used to have a picnic area near the falls, that my family would go to when we were young, so it is a special place, full of memories for me. But, I wanted to do a little hike too, so we parked at the other end, so we could walk along the trails to the falls. Of course I didn't realized the distances on my little map, lol. The walk turned into a 7 mile hike down old dirt roads, rocky trails and wooded hills. All this on my broken toe and did I mention, I dropped a cutting board on the same foot, lol.

But, it was worth the sweat and a bit of pain. I got a good workout today and with rain coming this week, I can rest and sit on my butt for a few days;)

The sad thing is, the falls are down in the fall. We should have gone after the floods, I am sure it was cascading over the rocks in full force, then. It was still nice though and a great place to rest after the trek through the woods.



This is looking up at the main falls, I wonder where the fairies are hiding?



Bill wanted to get back on the main trail to head back, but I made him walk along the falls till I found the bridge. We have photos of my sisters and I at this bridge, so just had to get a picture of me on it. I may be walking funny and stiff as a board, but it was so worth it:)

7 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Debbie...looks like you had a great hike and day! The photos are gorgeous. Hope your foot feels better...good thing you are going to rest and relax for a few days.

antique quilter said...

sometimes we just need to do things like that push our limits!
good for you isn't it great to be outdoors
Kathie

moosecraft said...

Wow! What a great place to hike! If that was near me, I just might get more exercise! LOL! Great picture of you! I really hope that toe heals up for you... it's been quite a while already...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Looks like a beautiful hike. Thanks for sharing the pic of you on the bridge :)
I hope your toe feels okay today.
Hugs,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful hiking place! I bet it also feels great to just get out and enjoy before the really cold stuff hits again.

primitivebettys said...

You look like a teenager! :) Glad you enjoyed your walk, but sorry you had to suffer the pain of your foot. Get some rest & heal up!

appleberrycottage said...

Pretty photos! I love seeing other parts of the country.
Laura