Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sails and Sales

Today we went for a walk and it was such a beautiful day.
Since I did not get a chance to finish my new piece, I thought I would have a pattern sale.
From now through Monday, you can get two patterns for 10.00. To take advantage of this offer, you need paypal, this is paypal only. Send the money through paypal and write which two patterns you would like and I will send them to you via email. This is for epatterns, so you can go to my ecrater site, link to the left, to choose your patterns. I will be listing two slightly used items tonight, a hooked and punched piece, so check those out too on ebay.

We went to Trustom Pond today, a bird sanctuary that has paths in areas that won't disturb the wildlife.
We always take the wooded path first, it comes to a point with water on both sides.



It comes to a little raised fort that you can see out onto the pond and the ocean, beyond the dunes.



In the distance, you can see Block Island. This would have been a perfect day to take the ferry.



There were over a hundred birds today, I guess staying in the shelter to avoid the storm going by.



What a perfect day, and a wonderful breeze off the ocean, I wanted to stay here all day. But, we walked the middle path and saw so many wonderful creatures today. Tomorrow I will show you the rest of nature's beauty that we encountered.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Looks beautiful snd a gorgeous day!

Jacque. said...

Beautiful photos! Sounds like a great day for you. Good luck with your sale.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Indeed, a perfect day! Beautiful shots!!

moosecraft said...

Great photos! It's relaxing just to look at them... I can only imagine how nice it is to be there!

Cindy said...

Just too beautiful...postcard worthy.

Anonymous said...

I could easily spend a long day just sitting and enjoying those views.

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to be able to walk in such beautiful places. I'm glad it was a beautiful day as we both know winter will set in soon. But early Fall is my favorite. Thanks for sharing!