Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mini Pumpkins!

My DIL decided to grow pumpkins this year.
I don't think she realized that they were mini pumpkins, so now we have tons of them.
The mice seem to like them too, so quite a few ended up in their stomachs;)

Today I thought I would bring out some of my fall and halloween decorations, but I couldn't find my main box with the garlands and other things. So, I just added a few of the pumpkins with what I could find, to start my decorating.

The air conditioner doesn't help, but not taking it out until I am sure it won't get hot again. I usually add my fall garland to the bureau, so will look for the rest tomorrow. I had an old tin barrow and thought it was a perfect idea to hold some pumpkins. The cat is something I found at an end of the season sale, he is such a fun piece.



Then I added some more to the top of my tv unit, to go with my cat collection. I still have some in a basket and placed a few in odd spots, not to mention the ones still growing. I have a lot of halloween doll patterns, from freebies, so maybe I will try and make up some that I can use. I am also working on my hexagon quilt, which I am hoping to finish quickly, so I can hang it over the couch for the fall.

12 comments:

patijane's primitives said...

What great fall decorations, Debbie. Love the mini pumpkins too.

Ann said...

Love all the cat decorations! I grew mini pumpkins this year too and gourds, can't wait to use the gourds next year. ~Ann

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Your decorations are lookin' good! I love those mini pumpkins.
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Lookin' good, Debbie! Love the big grin on the cat! :-) I htink I like the mini pumpkins better than the big ones.

arlyce said...

cats and pumpkins...what could be better?

paulette said...

Too cute!! Love that little wheelbarrow!!
paulette

Anonymous said...

I'd just love your house...just know it! Love everytime you post a decor item...and today is just too cute!

Texan said...

I have one pumpkin from my pumpkin vine. Its a lovely pumpkin full size.. but just got the one off the whole vine! Maybe next year I will try the mini ones!

Love the deocrations

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love seeing Fall decorations. Fall-ish here now but hot days seem to sneak in.

Carrie P. said...

I bet that was fun to see all those little pumpkins growing. They do make pretty fall decorations.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Those mini pumpkins sound like lots of fun...well expect for the mice, but our kats would probably disagree. Thought of dismembered mice in the morning, eek!

Love the combinations you are setting up. The barrow is perfect!

Dorothy said...

Love all the little pumpkins. They look so good sitting in bundles.