Thursday, September 2, 2010

A little of this and that

While awaiting the hurricane that is coming our way, I did some prep work today.
I made up some more hexagons to cut out and finished the new, second one.
I decided to go with homespuns instead of scraps and a purple theme, lol. So I made two purple ones, with gold.



Then I went through my stash and looked for smaller pieces of homespun, and found some nice reds and orange shades.
So.... Now it has some new colors and I am thinking, this would make a good fall/halloween quilt. In case you are wondering, I am doing this the hard way. Tracing the shapes on freezer paper, cutting by hand and sewing without a seam line, so they are not perfect, but if I tried to be perfect, I would mess it up;)



This weekend my nephew is getting married at our local state campground. We will be going during the day and maybe spend a night, but I have to take care of my furry babies, so will be coming home at night. We have a cabin, so I have a nice little porch to sit on and relax when I want. I made up some stitcheries that I can do, so here is a sneak preview. Next week will be cooler, so I can spend some time in my sewing room and finish off the other ones I have made.

4 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful. Have a great time at the wedding & I pray the hurricane heads out to sea and doesn't cause a problem.

Smiles,

Betty

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

I enjoy making hexagons and yours is looking great! Have a good time at the wedding and enjoy the weekend! :)Ginger

Jacque. said...

Loving your hexies! Have a great weekend!

Soggibottom said...

Have a really fantastic day at the wedding, your furbie's will be pleased to see you when you get home.

Hope by now the hurrican has passed by and everyone is safe.

Great light and shade with your hexagons. Can't wait to see it when it's all finished. x x x