While awaiting the hurricane that is coming our way, I did some prep work today.
I made up some more hexagons to cut out and finished the new, second one.
I decided to go with homespuns instead of scraps and a purple theme, lol. So I made two purple ones, with gold.
Then I went through my stash and looked for smaller pieces of homespun, and found some nice reds and orange shades.
So.... Now it has some new colors and I am thinking, this would make a good fall/halloween quilt. In case you are wondering, I am doing this the hard way. Tracing the shapes on freezer paper, cutting by hand and sewing without a seam line, so they are not perfect, but if I tried to be perfect, I would mess it up;)
This weekend my nephew is getting married at our local state campground. We will be going during the day and maybe spend a night, but I have to take care of my furry babies, so will be coming home at night. We have a cabin, so I have a nice little porch to sit on and relax when I want. I made up some stitcheries that I can do, so here is a sneak preview. Next week will be cooler, so I can spend some time in my sewing room and finish off the other ones I have made.
~*More Oxford Punching... How To Part 1*~
11 hours ago