Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Halloween Pillows!

Sometimes I need a break and I do something simple, just for fun.
That is what I did for the last few days. I made some pillows and did some sewing on my hexagons.
The pillows are patterns from Primitive Blessings and fun to do up in all different sizes.
Pillows are a great way to decorate for the holidays and something quick, simple and inexpensive.
I used moda tea stained fabrics, from the light to the darker shade. I didn't antique them, this time.
I used DMC pearl #12 in the small balls and use a coupon, so the cost is just background fabric and floss.
If you have light colored floral fabrics, those are fun to use as backgrounds too.
The basket is a thrift store find. That is a great place to look for old baskets and boxes to hold your prim goodies.


13 comments:

Jacque. said...

Those are so fun! And, a collection of them in a basket would be the best!

paulette said...

These are adorable...and I was wondering how the new line of Moda's prim fabric would work...LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing about the fabric and thread...I am always wondering about that!! Your house is going to be very Fall Festive!!
Take care!!

Texan said...

Your pillows are cuteness!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
MY OH MY!!! You have been busy. You really accomplish so much - even the finishing process which I am so bad at!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lori said...

What a sweet display!!

Cindy said...

Cute as can be. Oh, I really like how you have them as decor.

Happy Fall!!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Wow! What a bunch you have there! My favorite is the skeleton key! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pillows!!!

coinguyslady said...

I love them.Maybe after War Eagle Craft Fair I can find time to do something like that.

primitivebettys said...

Those are great pillows! They would look nice stitched on a dark fabric with orange & gray threads too. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Pat Sloan said...

these are just ADORABLE!

Soggibottom said...

This really looks good. Good enough that something similar will be sitting in the fireplace of the cottage soon :-)
Thanks Debbie. x x x
Not sure if they will look as good as these :-) x x x