Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Halloween Punch Needle Piece

I wanted to make a punch with another of Twigs and Sprigs designs and my first attempt was a disaster. I punched a hole through the cloth, so I had to start over. This time I used my tan weavers, it seems to have more stretch than the white. I will save the white for 3 strand punch only.

This was a fun design to do, halloween and cats, two great subjects to work with.
I used valdani for the kitty, love their antique black. I also raised some areas for definition which gives it a more sculpted look on the face.



I decided to make a matching pillow with this piece. With the pillow I used my technique to give it that water stained, antique look and don't ask, it is a secret, lol;) This set is for sale on ebay tonight, if you are interested in this piece. Next I need to finish some winter ornies that I am making for the magazine, http://mercantilegatherings.com/shop/. The fall issue has a pattern for the crow and pumpkin that I did and some wonderful prim homes and articles.

4 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful pieces as always. You might try ironing a piece of heavy fuseable across the back of the piece with the hole and it you might be able to save it. Worth a try.

appleberrycottage said...

I think there is some fabric glue you can use to patch a new piece in the hole. It might be worth a try instead of starting over again. I use the white weavers cloth, and haven't had problems with holes. I have to be careful if I'm ripping out and re-punching with a different color, as the fabric looses some of its tightness when re-punching (and will get holes if I try a 3rd time!)
Laura

Jacque. said...

Wonderful, as always. Interesting how different the pattern looks in the two different medias. Great work, Debbie!

rockriverstitches said...

Love the 2 diffferent styles of pillows with the same pattern. Love them both!

Tammy