Friday, August 6, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

I am still finishing things and working on things and some things I cannot show;)
We still have a lot of humidity, but when it cools in the late afternoon, I can enjoy getting out for a bit.
I went to sit in my new chair and this is what I found. How would you like this staring at you, except, it is not, that is the back of the head.

This guy has just popped out of his cocoon body. they are bugs in the ground and when they come out of the ground, they come out and have their wings.



And this is what Dora does on these hot days.

10 comments:

Joanne said...

I wanna be where Dora is - she looks extremely comfy!

primitivebettys said...

Oh gosh, we have those cicada bugs all over the yard every year & boy are they LOUD! Trinity likes to collect their old bodies & make armies out of them. lol It is a boy thing.

Lynn Barbadora said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ICK!
Hugs,
Lynn

paulette said...

Dora hasn't got a care in the world!! Ahhhh
I love the wings on that bug!! Gorgeous wings...but ugly bug!!
Take care!
Paulette

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great pic of the bugs wings!

Dora has the right idea!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm with Dora....

moosecraft said...

Dora is a whole lot easier to adore than that bug... geeesh! That would scare the daylights out of me! LOL!

HomeSpunPrims said...

The wings on the bug are a beautiful color. Kind of like one of my favorite wool colors I like to hook into my rugs. We can always find inspiration in nature!
Dora is so cute all stretched out.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Ugh on the bug!
Dora has the right idea!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim D. said...

I was going to post about the Cicada bug. They sure are noisy. I've never seen one until this year. They sure have pretty wings, but are such a nuisance.
Dora looks happy taking her snooze.