Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cross Stitch Progress

I am still sweltering in this heat, but we have had a little relief with some cooler ocean breezes, hitting us from time to time.
I am still working on my stitchery, but getting there. As you can see, making the lady shorter, put her on top of the larger flower.
I have a border to fill in and some elements inside still. I always save the smaller elements and writing for last, to see how I may or may not want to do things.



I was playing with my camera and since I had photoshop open, I played with that too. Photoshop has a lot of wonderful filters and you can make your own artwork or designs for quilting by mixing filters up.

4 comments:

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Love the cross stitch piece. It has the look of a vintage sampler. I used to cross stitch a few years ago and have various unfinished pieces here and there. Might be something that I pick up again in the not too distant future.

A Painted Journey said...

You're lucky to live close enough to the ocean to get breezes, Debbie. Luckily today wasn't as bad as yesterday. Your stitchery is lovely. I haven't done any stitching in forever. Really enjoyed your fireworks photos, too!... Donna

moosecraft said...

Great lookin' stitchin'! The picture of the birds on the trees made me think of Alfred Hitchcock! LOL! I think it would look great as a winter quilt... maybe make just the birds red?

primitivebettys said...

Lookin' GREAT! Even with the heat, you are moving right along. :)