I saw an antique penny rug and loved it, so I had to make my own version.
My friend Kelley sent me some bagged pennies, so I used some of those along with mine.
I also cut into some to get a more primitive look.
I love how it came out and am thinking of making some more versions.
I will have it on ebay tomorrow night. I wasn't too pleased with the pictures, so hoping I can get some outdoor shots tomorrow.
I used black cotton ticking for the backing. The type I get is from a local store and it is the nice weight, so gives a bit of substance to the piece. I used walnut spray to antique it and this time, I stitched a name tag to the back.
Ten Quilts I Wish I'd Made
1 day ago