I decided to try some fabric dying today.
I want to make some simple art style quilts and batik type fabrics.
My first attempt was a bit dark, but still mottled, plus it was on tea stained cotton. The next ones, I used an old white cotten I had, and the colors showed better. I just twisted the cloth, then knotted it and threw it in a pot. I want to keep the colors simple, since I will be using machine stitchery to enhance them. I used red and yellow rit dye to get the shades.
I also finished another stitchery. This one I will paint too. It is a design from Primitive Blessings. I think I would like to do this one in a larger version and use applique for the main design. Today I started a punch with another of Tiffany's designs, it is an experiment, so we shall see how it turns out. I wanted to try some punch, but my hand still hurts, so I will have to take it easy after this one.
Hannah Nicholson Grave Quilts
10 hours ago