I wanted to make a quilt to hang on my dining room window and thought something with pineapples would be perfect.
I found this pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens, American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It is in the April 2001 issue and is a pattern by Kris Kerrigan.
This one called for proper placement and overlays, so I decided to use wash away and glue to set the first pieces down and get them straight. As you can see, it didn't help, I am still off and crooked, lol. I think it is easier to sew without the wash away, but it would be a good product to use for machine applique. I am used to needle turning as I go and as you can see, I messed up in spots and lost my shapes and some parts don't fit together right. I really need to fix that one flower, way too square on one side. I still have to add borders and it will be setting at an angle once it goes into the back piecing. It isn't perfect, but it will do and a good test for the wash away. I am wondering what happens when I wash it and how the appliques will look then.
~*Weaving and Punching*~
51 minutes ago