I finally got around to antiquing my pieces. The first one I stained and realized when it came out of the dryer, that it had crease marks. So, I wet it a bit and ironed it out, so it is a bit better now. I wish I could get a picture to show how nice it looks in person. Really prim and it looks nice in that frame, but maybe a mat to go with it? It is just stuck in there for the photo, I still need to read up on how to frame properly and then I will frame it permanently.
The second one, is one I designed myself. I sprayed and ironed before I antiqued it. Works much better that way;)
I stuck it in this frame for now to take a photo, but I need to find one that fits it better. If I had more room, a dark mat would really set it off.
I can't wait to finish them and display them on my wall. I decided to get pc stitch so I can make my own and I am working on a mermaid piece. The program does not work as well as I would like, maybe I am missing something. But, I expected a nice clear color drawing to come out as a clear pattern. It gave me way too many colors and if you reduce them, you get horrid colors, so I forced to hand color it all again and redo the pattern itself to be clearer and more prim.
Ten Quilts I Wish I'd Made
1 day ago