Monday, January 11, 2010

New quilt ideas

I have been check out other quilting blogs and one I love is Marylou Weidman's.
She has such a way with making memories into fun and whimsical designs, so I thought it would be fun to start thinking of making my own memory quilt. I have an old picture of my son when he was little and I think it would be a great start for my first block. Maybe I might even make one with memories of him and one with my daughter. They will be works in progress that I can finish and give to them in the future.

Memories do make me sad though, he was such a sweet boy and now he is going to be 28 in March. Time sure flies by as you get older. This will be the idea for my first block. I will be working it in a primitive, folk art style, so we shall see what I come up with.

6 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Such a sweet picture, Deb...I know...I get so sad also when I think of how time has flown by...I often wish I could go back about 30years, just for a day, when my children were little and enjoy them all over again! Your quilt will be such a beautiful work of art!

Bobbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
OMG that is an adorable picture! What a cutie. I'm sure he's now a handsome young man.
What a great idea for a quilt. You are so creative.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

paulette said...

What a cute picture!! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm with you on how quickly time is passing!! YIKES! Seems like yesterday that my three girls were giggling, running through the house, calling each other 'cow!' They are now 25,27 an 29...ouch!! I got such a kick out of the speech the two younger ones made at their oldest sister's wedding this summer...no mention of 'cow' here!! In fact all three were crying by the end of it...ma included! Such is life...:o)
Take care and have a great day!
Paulette

laura said...

Isn't it wonderful that with the technology we have at hand we can make fabric from our photos? I bought some Bubble Jet Set and Bubble Jet Rinse (the rinse is supposed to set it) but I've yet to try it. Your picture is adorable but it reminds me that my son is going to be 27 in April. How did that happen!

Rebecka said...

Can't wait to see the story quilt from the beautiful photo!!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

This has such possibilites and the success of a story quilt is in the story you start with-how could this NOT capture people's hearts? You must have a whole group of us who smiled when we saw this photo!