Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crock Penny Rug

I realized, I never posted the Penny Rug that I made for a friend.
This was a pattern I got from Lynda Hall. She does the most wonderful primitive patterns and has a beautiful sense of color in her pieces. She is also selling instant patterns now, so great for those days when you want to make something and not wait for the pattern. You can also click on her links and enjoy beautiful photos of her home and her quilting.

This pattern was modified a bit. I reduced the size of the designs a bit to make it smaller. I did it all in wools and then antiqued it with walnut spray. I have been working on a lot of different projects and haven't finished them, so once I do, I will show you some and some will have to wait until the recipient gets them;)

16 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

that came out great, Debbie! your friend must have loved it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have this pattern too :o)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you do nice work..love it.:)

KC Quilter said...

That is stunning! Just love it.

Anonymous said...

I too love Lynda's patterns....you friend had to of just loved this keeper! I would have!!

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

Lovely piece...lucky friend! Susan

Kathy (woolfind) said...

It's wonderful Debbie! Love how you aged it so nicely.

Karen said...

I like this very much. Lynda does some great designs. Did you e-mail her a photo?

kelley said...

I do love it! Even better in person...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Another terrific finish! It's always great to see what you've accomplished (which is plenty!).
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

The penny rug turned out beautiful...love the colors you chose!

appleberrycottage said...

Debbie,
I love the penny rug! It's fun to see all the different patterns/designs that you can do with wool. I'll have to check out her patterns.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Love the crock penny rug!! It turned out great!!

Anonymous said...

another beauty Debbie!! I just love it ☺

Kim D. said...

Love the penny rug, good job!! I'm sure your friend will cherish it.

coinguyslady said...

Very,very cute!