Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New projects

In case you hadn't noticed, this is my goof off time. I am totally burnt out and decided I needed to spend time doing whatever, whenever, for a bit;) My husband is putting in the new stairs and now we need treads. So, I got out my new braid aids to try one and the colors were way too bright. Since I already started a braid, I decided to make it into a chair pad for my office. It gave me some practice using the braid aids and I think my braiding is neater this time. It is also a lot easier on my hands.

I have decided that, if i want to make treads for the stairs, I need to be more efficient as well. I will gather up darker colors and make 3 boxes, then strip the wool, sew the ends together, then braid. I think it will go faster that way, than making it as I go.



When I finished the pad, I worked on a new piece. Yes, a new piece, and I know I have others to finish;)
I saw this piece in a 2001 issue of BHG quilt magazine and just had to try it. Of course I am doing it my way and changing things around, but it is basically the same. This is what I have so far and you can guess what else goes into the picture;)

9 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Neat chair pad, your braiding is so even and nice. Nice "new" project, we all need those every now and then.

Happy New Year!

Cathy

HomeSpunPrims said...

Beautiful chair pad and quilt Debbie! You amaze me what all you get done.

primitivebettys said...

You always amaze me with how much wonderment you create! :)

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love both your projects. I'm curious to see what "new" artform you come up with in the New Year.

Joanne said...

Great chairpad - Hmmm, could it be a kitty in the new piece? I don't envy Bill working on those stairs! Happy New Year!

Kim D. said...

Love the color on the chair pad. The start of your quilt looks great. Have a Happy New Year!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

The chair pad is terrific! I need about 12 of those! Appllique' fabulous. You are off to a creative start in 2010.

Pat

Carrie P. said...

I love your braid chair pad. Great applique. Not sure what else will be on it. Have fun.

steam cleaning Reno said...

That is the kind of info that are supposed to be shared across the internet.