Thursday, December 24, 2009

Last Minute Gift!

I started a piece for my daughter to hang in her new apartment and got behind.
She stayed with me, for a few days, so I couldn't work on it.
She left yesterday at 5pm, so I worked most of the night and half of today, to get it finished and it is done.
I wish I had more time to think about things or get some fun embellishments, but not time to go out and shop, so I used what I had on hand. Hopefully she will like it. I used designs from a pattern in my laural burch book and used wools instead of fabrics.
As usual, I finish at night and had to use flash, and hopefully you can see the details.

As I was writing in the labels for the post, I went to put dog and realized I made a horse tail on him, lol. It shows you what happens when you work too long and tired;) I hope all of my online friends and visitors have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, filled with love and family.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Another wonderful masterpiece! Can't believe how fast you finished that! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND BILL

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

as always you did a wonderful job...she will love it..I do..have a very merry christmas and all the best for the new year.:)

Miz T. said...

Congratulations on finishing! It's hard to make a gift for someone when they are with you so much. I like your "dog" as a horse, as the princess looks better sitting on a horse than a dog. Love all the details, and your birds and butterflies are beautiful!

Lori said...

A beautiful piece Debbie! Wishing you and your family and blessed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Debbie, you are so creative, another wonderful piece!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Imi

A Quilter Awakens said...

It's really beautiful! Karmen

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
What a treasure you made for you daughter. So much detail! Congrats on getting it done. I am going to make my Christmas presents in January ~ for Christmas 2009. OOPS! Time just slipped away.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Cassie Shella said...

I love this! Hope you had a very wonderful Christmas,