Friday, October 30, 2009

My Blackbird Designs Prize

Being sick for so long was really trying on my mental state, but winning all those contests, just when I needed a lift, was a blessing. I am finally feeling better enough to get out and do more around the house, so hoping to finally get back to normal soon.

One of the prizes I won, was a wonderful hand made sewing box from Alma Allen. It is so beautifully done and love the fabric she chose for mine. It was filled with wonderful trims and two patterns, that I can use to make gifts this year. The bundle of fabric is beautiful, and I think it would make a nice quilt for my DIL who loves florals. Or maybe I will make a quilt for the new guest room, when it gets done;) I was thinking this box would make a nice theme for the room, sort of victorian prim. I already have a cherry desk in there too. Maybe I can use some of the trim in my new project.

If you visit their Blog, she has a wonderful tutorial on how to make your own. I will show the other gifts later, each one is special and I want to show them off individually.

1 comment:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Lucky, lucky you! Everything looks wonderful and I'll bet you were tickled pink!