Saturday, August 29, 2009

Party Night

It is sad, I am sitting home working on projects on a Saturday night and my cats are having more fun with their own partying, haha. Dora and Izzy can go into high gear and go tearing through the house chasing each other. They run under, across, through and flying over everything.

I thought I would treat Dora with some catnip, like she needs it;) So tonight you can enjoy seeing the many faces of Dora on catnip, though it would be a lot funnier in video.

For starters, I put it on the bed, so I could take pictures, luckily I have an old spread on it until I finish my quilt. The first thing dora does is dive in and roll, smelling and eating her favorite treat.



You wonder why Izzy is not joining in on the fun? This is why, she tried and after Dora scared her half to death, by pouncing on her like a maniac, she retreated to the window to watch with wide eyed fear.



Once she had the bed to herself, Dora grabbed, crawled, rolled and flipped herself around the bed.





This goes on until it really hits her and now shes saying; " I am really going to have a bad hangover tomorrow, I am going to bed."

13 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

hahaha, those pictures are so funny and cute! I love the second and fourth ones. Adorable! i love cats on catnip. :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute and adorable!! Cats are so silly when they get catnip.

~Cindy~

moosecraft said...

That's soooo funny! Makes me want to adopt a cat just for the catnip factor! LOL!

Tammy Burks said...

Love seeing the pics of your cats partying!!!

Karmen said...

My Kitten isn't affected by catnip, and it is hard to find her something she'll play with. Twist ties are, so far, her entertainment of choice. Love the pictures of Dora as I have enjoyed the many kitty pics you have shared with us. Karmen

Joanne said...

I think if i sent Jonesy there it would be utter kaos - he acts like that WITHOUT catnip! Dora is too funny - i can see in the pics her paws stretched out ready for the next pounce!

A Painted Journey said...

Ha ha - that is so funny! Our two cats, age 16, literally become kittens again when they're given catnip! You kitty is GORGEOUS!! Reminds me of a kitty we had as kids named Fiend (my mom named him!) She'c all him her little fiend, but he was HUGE!... Donna

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

those photos are too funny..I loved them!!! we have 7 cats and love watching them all enjoy a tasty cat nip treat...we have the plant growing and will snip off some leaves and give them all some..they love to roll around on the concrete patio and just indulge...thanks for sharing those photos...I hope she faired well with no after affects of a hangover..:)

Judy said...

I thought only my cats did that! They thunder through the house like elephants all times of the day and usually at midnight too! Pixel soars through the air, over the couch and Noodle stays low and is the muscle who can flatten him with one pounce!

Cute, cute pictures!

Daffycat said...

ROFLOL Dora is hilarious! I love the shot of her attacking her tail!

JoJo said...

Such adorable pictures. I love to watch my cats on catnip. In fact, they get so silly and funny, I wish I could get a high from their catnip and join them.

Anonymous said...

OH how cute!!!! Love these pics.

Joanne said...

So - no updates? How were the kitties feeling the "day after"? LOL