Monday, July 27, 2009

The Ugly Angel

Marylou Weidman had a beautiful pillow with an angel on it and writing. Soooooo, I decided I had to make an angel with writing on her wings. I made a simple stump style doll and put a face on her and then the hair. It was a mess, but I gave her a haircut, it is still a mess, lol. Then I messed up the lettering and was too lazy to do it over, so I sewed them on. Then I realized she had no clothes on and got the brilliant idea to use yarn, which I sewed strand by strand down her body, back and front. Not the smartest move;) Could not think of any way to improve her and make her into something presentable, since this was supposed to be a gift for a friend. I decided to sew on a little patch from my angel fabric, ( Which would have made great wings or a dress). Then I put a bow on her neck and I give up, lol. So, this is how she became the ugly angel, imperfections and all. I am still going to send it, she will either laugh or it might give her nightmares;)



To show you that I can actually sew and make dolls, when I am in not in a demented state of mind, here is a kitty doll I made years ago. I used to make these and sell them, but haven't done any in ages. One of these days I will get back into dolls and maybe creating something new and more primitive.

4 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Just had to chuckle! Been there done that way too many times...I bet your friend will love her just as she is.

Karmen said...

Oh, oh, oh, love, love, love, inspired, and, darn it, off to work, but I'll be back to read and ogle more!

JoJo said...

Debbie, I love her....and your kitty cat is darling.

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Not ugly at all...infact she looks like an "angel" that Grandma would have made years ago with its and bits of what was on hand for her sweet little grandaughter. This angel tells a story and that is what creating is all about...your friend will love it. Judy