Monday, June 22, 2009

Thrifty Monday

I wasn't going to bother going up to the thrift store today, but I needed to hit Jo anns for some fusible webbing.
There is a Savers, on the other side of the road, so it was worth a visit.
Since we were supposed to be in Maine this week and hitting stores there, why not see what fun things I could find at home.

I love kitties, in case you didn't know;) I saw this print and loved the whimsical look. perfect for my kitchen. It is done by artist Linda Spivey. I love the frame too, so if I get sick of looking at it, I can always reuse the frame;)



It seems harder to find the bargain wool, but I did get a wool jacket that is a cashmere blend, perfect for penny projects.
Then I grabbed some linen. I have no idea what it is exactly, but it looks like linen and a friend loves the stuff and wants to make projects with it, so if it is the right type, it is hers;) Every so often, we see an odd item and just have to have it, just because it is neat, lol. I saw the old ruler and had to have it. It is now in the basket of spools in my textile display.



It is so fun to thrift shop, I can get neat things for nothing, my kind of shopping. Tomorrow is another rainy day, so I think we will try some thrifts and consignments at the south end and if it clears, we can walk on the breakers for a bit. Don't forget, for every new blog that you leave a comment, you get an extra chance in the contest.

5 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I love linen and that old ruler reminds me of the one my dad had. I have thought about it often and wished I had it. I saw a picture frame made from one of those old rulers. It was soooo cool..

Pat

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds! Love the ruler!

Cathy

Karmen said...

Hey, that looks a little like my Kitten! How fun to go treasure hunting.

Anonymous said...

Thrift shopping is my favorite kind of shopping also...and going to the quilts shops for fabric an patterns is really close behind thrifting!!

Cindy

appleberrycottage said...

I've seen stars made from the old, fold up rulers. Just shape it like a star and hang it up!
Laura