Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Wool Quilt Blocks

I finished two more blocks, so I thought I would show you the progress even though I need to the stitchery still.
I love these two, a little more detail and larger. Now I have four blocks done.
I usually punch during the day until dinner and then work on my other projects after that, so hopefully it won't take too long to make this, I really want to put it together and use it. Oh, and do you notice that all of the windows lean to the left, lol. I wonder if that is a brain disorder;)



I decided to see what I have in large wool pieces and I found a thin suit weight a friend sent me. I think it will work nicely since it is thin, but still wool. this way I have an idea what size blocks I need to fill in the rest. I will add borders and/or simple wool blocks to fill in, or maybe just scrappy strips, we shall see;) Most of the patterns are from books by Jan patek and friends, the long flower one was in a book by Cheri Ralston.

14 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Oh girl you work so FAST! Love your new blocks. You'll have that wool quilt done in no time.
:)Ginger

primitivebettys said...

Those are really darling, Debbie! I especially like the one with the kitty on the roof. As for the windows, I'm thinking it was just the wind. ;)

Smiles,
Betty

kelley said...

I love these blocks Debbie....they look so fun to make too!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt blocks!! Can't wait to see the wool quilt when it is all finished.
Cindy

antique quilter said...

oh I am loving your blocks , so jealous you have such a beautiful collection of wool.
something that one day I will start collecting too.
keep showing us your progress on this quilt
I have all these books too and just love the blocks your choosing
Kathie

Jacque. said...

Great job, Debbie! You are so talented, and patient! Not sure I could do all that hand-stitching.

Gollywobbles said...

I love watching the progress on this project. Your wool is beautiful, and I love your design choices. Nice work!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful quilt that will be!! I look forward to seeing it when it's finished!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oooh, it's going to be wonderful! And anything leaning that is handmade, just makes it more "prim" lol. My excuse for everything anymore!

Joanne said...

Debbie - this is going to be absolutely beautiful! Can't believe how much you have done already!

Joanne said...

Debbie - this is going to be absolutely beautiful! Can't believe how much you have done already!

arlyce said...

beautiful! I regularly follow your blog, as we have many of the same interests, including rugs. Are you going to applique the blocks to a solid backing? super colors--arlyce

WoolenSails said...

I actually thought about appliqueing them to the background and making mistmatched blocks but I think I would rather do that with smaller pieces and a thicker background. This one I will just sew onto the back and maybe try some of those fancy stitches on my machine for the seams.

Debbie

Tolentreasures said...

What an inspiration! I was at a loss for wool projects. Tired of making the same circle penny rugs but not knowing what to make next. I love this idea and I have some great black suit wool in the stash for the background. So creative and not overwhelming! I love it.

Cathy