I have a heavy spread on my bed and need something light and quick to put on it for now.
I started a few blocks with triangles, but I wasn't thrilled with it and it takes me forever to do triangles with all the cutting, so today I decided to start over and make something more simple.
I used my 15" square ruler as the template and laid pieces of fabric on it to fit the size. Then I sewed them together and used the ruler to cut down to 14 1/2". I am using most of the homespuns that my friend Kelley sent me. It is easy, quick and mistake proof;) When I finish, I will use floss ties to keep it prim and simple.
I did not use set sizes for any of the blocks, just cut a piece or used one I had. It is sort of a hit or miss, quilt.
The lighting is bad, so it looks more orange than it is.
Of course, the minute I laid the blocks on the bed, the kitties had to try it out. This is one reason why I wanted it simple and plain, it is cat proof;) I am also thinking I will go with the blocks until I reach the edges of the bed, and then use scrap strips on the outer edges.
Ten Quilts I Wish I'd Made
1 day ago