Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Punchneedle: Best Friends

I remade an old piece for the booklet and finished it today.
I had called it Best Friends and just realized it is the name of a piece I worked on for Lynette;)
I guess Lynette and I think along the same lines when it comes to whimsey.

I put this one up for sale on ebay and it will be a five day auction.
I wanted to be able to have it sold and shipped in case we take off next weekend.
I am hoping to get up North and visit with my friend Lauri, Miz T and hit some of the quilt and antique stores.
You can see all the beautiful things that Lauri has made and where she lives on her blog to the left.

I did the patterns for the new book, but I still need to clean them up and make the pdf, so if not tomorrow, it will be ready by monday. The Black cast iron horse next to the piece was a gift from my father in law. He loved going to the flea market and found that for me. Sadly he passed years ago, but he was always good to me.

7 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I love it! It's so sweet.
And I love the black horse standing next to it..is that a horse shoe on his side?

WoolenSails said...

Yes, it is an old piggy bank and he has a horseshoe on one side.

Debbie

Brenda said...

OK, I'm gonna say it, I'm gonna say what's on my mind! I want some framed pieces...some of us don't do little pillows; Hello!? LOL! Ok, now that I've put that behind me I'll say that it is gorgeous, and it would have looked awesome on a painted piece of wood...oops, did I just take another stab? LOL! I'm so bad, never mind me, I was just thinking out loud, LOL! You know i love your work, right???? XXO B=)

WoolenSails said...

LOL, I was thinking of that. I wasn't doing well with the framed prints and figured pillows will fit anywhere. I am thinking of doing another piece that will be longer and would make a perfect piece to sit on a piece of wood with squares nails beneath for a key rack or hanger.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

This one is a real beauty! Perfect name it just says it all.
:)Ginger

Brenda said...

Isn't it time to start working on some pumpkins???? I'm just saying'... LOL!

Doris said...

The horse and dog are beautiful. You have chosen such great colors and I like the way you have antiqued the ppiece with walnut stain.