Thursday, June 18, 2009

A New Horse Punchneedle

I wasn't going to make any punches this week, but I saw this antique rug and I just had to make my own version.
I loved the simplicity of the design and I had some over dyed threads that I have been wanting to try in the right project. This was perfect for them. The dyed threads are in the background and in the border. I love how it all came out.

The bad thing is, I had to use flash to get a picture and then mess with them in photoshop to get the right colors back.
I did the best that I could, but it is so much more prim in person. I wanted it to look like an antique rug and even used a 3 height to get a better hooked look. I put it up on ebay tonight, so for those of you, who wanted a piece on a board, here is your chance to get one;)

7 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your horses look wonderful and you did a good job making them look nice and prim! Hope you get lots of bids.
:)Ginger

Karmen said...

I am impressed you know how to "mess with them on photoshop." Photoshop is on my "must learn" list. Love the horses.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I absolutely love the way the edges of your piece look kinda loose and ruffled. Do you change needles? I want to make mine JUST LIKE YOURS..tee hee.

WoolenSails said...

The edges are done with a vintage yarn I had. I sew that to the edge when the piece is done.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love how you put the horses piece on the board!! You do such wonderful work!
hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love this piece, and agree that the edges make it even more special. Hopefully you will have some high bids on this...it's wonderful!
Lauri

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

I love all your punches but your horses are WONDERFUL!!!