Monday, June 15, 2009

New Booklet is ready!

I finally got the new horse booklet done. There are some with a lot of detail, so more time redoing them and cleaning them up when I scan them in. It has 4 of my original patterns that have been done with punch, hooking and painting. Then I added the two new ones with different versions, as well as, the colors I used in those pieces.

It is a great book for punching or hooking, the designs work well, with both. I have raised the cost of this one to 14.00.
I decided to make these patterns into a booklet, which saves from buying one pattern at a time, so I thought it fair. What do you think? I have also been asked to do print patterns and I am thinking about it. But, I do enjoy doing the epatterns, they are cost effective, so I can charge less than I would if I sold them as separate patterns and you can get them and start working on them, the same day you pay. Which way do you prefer? Epatterns or Print?



I also had a request for the sewing kitty and made her up today. She is such a fun pattern and makes a great gift for your sewing friends. I may make another one as a gift and use a lighter background, this time. She is sold as a single. You can find my patterns on my ecrater site, link to the left. I really do enjoy seeing the pieces others make from my designs, so please share them with us.

9 comments:

primitivebettys said...

You have great patterns, Debbie! :) As for my choice of paper vs. epattern... I kinda like the instant gratification really. :)

Smiles,

Betty

Jeanne said...

I want one ! I want one ! Either way is fine. Love it !

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Great booklet! I'm not picky either way sounds good to me!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Needle punch is something I've never tried. I've always wondered how hard it would be. Maybe I should give it a try sometime!

Your work is wonderful! On stitcheries, I buy both ways...cardstock through the mail and then also the e-patterns. As long as I have ALL the directions, I would buy either way!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Brenda said...

I think it would be nice to have the option of the printed pattern because if someone does NOT have a printer then they can still make the pattern. I had a fax and copier for a full year without having printer capabilities because my computer refused to recognize my brand new, very pricey printer and I was not going to go out and buy a new one.
I paint and my favorite designer went e-patterns only ....and I had to find a new favorite. I was bummed and she lost my business.
Most folkd that like printed patterns recognize the extra cost involved in printed work and really don't mind the added cost. =)

ShabbySheep said...

Debbie, I personally like paper patterns. Don't ask me why!?!? And thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my give away. I'm going to your ecrater store right now!

WoolenSails said...

I am appreciating all the comments. I do have customers who like the instant downloads, so I think maybe I can do both. I have had requests for my penny rug patterns too, so need to take the time to make those up into real patterns. My problem is I just make things, hate having to think while I do it;)

Debbie

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Wonderful punch needle. What kind of needle do you prefer.

Pat

WoolenSails said...

I use the cameo ultra punch.
I have the luxo and find it cumbersome.
I got the fons and porter and found the needles to be scratchy. I haven't tried any of the other brands.

Debbie