Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Wool Quilt Blocks

Today I was resting, seem to have got a bug or something.
Sewing is something I can do in my lap and easy on the brain;)

Yesterday I laid out the blocks I had done and figured out a basic layout and then drew up a diagram of what I had and what I needed to fill in space. Today I used a darker brown and a really plush dark red brown for backgrounds. They seem to be a good mix with the black and tans. I have three more blocks to go, two are small, so I will work on those this week to get them done.

I made the cats and the stars early this week. I needed something that was longer and had a patek book with the big kitty and matching smaller ones. So, I made this block, which I call, Midnight stroll. The stars are a good way to fill in smaller areas.



Today I made the heart and the bird on flower. These are from a Whimsicals book. I love the fun and whimsical look of her designs. The flower was a smaller, so I blew it up to make a good perch for my bird. I still need to add details to the pieces, but for now I am just sewing.

13 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Debbie...would you please make my wool quilt for me? I have no patience for all that hand-stitching. By the way...mailed out your package on Monday.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Hope your feeling better soon! Your quilt blocks are just adding up so fast and they all look great.
:)Ginger

Anonymous said...

Love the Quilt blocks!!

antique quilter said...

looks wonderful
I just love looking at your blocks and admiring all that wool you have, so nice to have so much to chose from!
This quilt is growing so fast!
great job

Tolentreasures said...

I love this project, when I see you at the top of my blog roll, I can't wait to see what you have done on it! I stood in my sewing closet and stared at my wool stash, is that a start? I really want to to one of these and it is forming in my head...as I do everything that I HAVE to do for now.

Cathy

Karmen said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt. The hand-dyed wool is incredibly stunning!

Quiltycat said...

Love your blocks and I'm admired as you work with wool!
nichi

Judy said...

Those are looking so yummy!

Anonymous said...

The colors you chose are purrrfect for the cat block. This will be beautiful and is coming along quite nicely! I also admired your wonderful hallway rug...you have been very busy as usual! I hope you feel better soon and are healthy for a trip North!
Lauri

Juliann in WA said...

These are so beautiful! I really need to hunt down some more wool. Even with summer just beginning I feel the need to work with wool fabric.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

I really like your idea, I have so many great books and would love to make them all, but your idea of mixing designers and having your own theme is really wonderful. I love seeing them all together in your group shots. Hope your bug doesn't last long.

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

Oh poor Debbie! Hope you're feeling better FAST!
Love, love, LOVE those quilt blocks. You are inspiring me!!!
Penny

Tammy Burks said...

Debbie, I can't wait to see this completed! Thanks for your comment about swimming in the pool.....that's what I'm going to do today!