Today I got it into my head to make a painted quilt. I found a design that I loved from Pumpkiin Seed Primitives. I used a tea stained muslim and then traced the design onto the cloth with my light box. I decided I wanted a flag, so I just used the main design and then added the length for the stripes.
I used my machine to stitch over the lines and then decided the greenery, needed to be done in floss, so I did do that with a heavier stitch. I made a mess with my free motion, my hand had a mind of it's own today. I need to get the open toe free motion foot, so I can see where I am going. Then I used fabric crayons, fabric markers and watercolor pencils. It looked horrid. So, I took my acrylics and watered them down and repainted over the designs. It came out much better that way.
So, this is the result, my mess, lol. I think I will see if I can find some blue or red faded ribbon or binding at the store, nothing I had looked right with it. Of course, after I finished it, I realized I made my stripes wrong and needed another red at the end.
Even though the fabric is tea stained, I sprayed a ton of walnut spray on it. It is amazing how grubby prim, can fix the worst looking quilts;)
Then I decided to make a little rack for my dog and cat piece that I mess up. I got the board the way I wanted, then came the nails. I used antique square head nails, that my husband cut down to size, but not enough, so I ended up hitting the back too soon. Now one nail shows a bit of metal on the back and the others pushed a split in the wood. The good thing is it is in the back so it doesn't show, the bad, I cannot sell it.
I am working on another horse punch and will do another rack like this, for those who requested a piece on wood;)
I will have to get the nails right this time.
Morris Hexathon Label and Paper Patterns
2 days ago