Friday, June 26, 2009

Contest winners!

Today it was sunny, then it was cloudy, then chance of severe storms, so we decided to not go paddling.
I have had one harrowing experience on a lake, in a storm. Once was enough;)
So, we went prim shopping and I got a basket and a repro jar, but too lazy to take pictures and put them in.

I guess you want to know who won? I guess I should tell you.

First, the winner of the guessing game. No one got it right, lol. But, you all got it half right, so I entered all of your names.
The correct answers were, barnacles and periwinkle. The are very small and in the snail family.
The winner of the guessing game is.........Arlyce!

The winner of the weekly drawing is........Lauren from RugsandPugs.

Check out my patterns on ecrater and pick the one you would like and then send me an email with your request.
It as fun sharing my week with you and it is not over. Tomorrow, if nothing goes wrong, we will be going to the Quiet Corner Rug Show in Connecticut and I will take lots of pictures to share with you all.

And here is another picture of periwinkles and barnacles on the rocks. The whole area is covered with them and they are edible.

6 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Hope you have a grand time at the rug show! I'll be looking forward to seeing all the great pictures.

Congratulations to the winners of the contest.

Karmen said...

Hey Debbie,
I guess you will just have to join us next year...
Karmen

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Edible barnacles...OH MY!

Pat

WoolenSails said...

LOL, you eat the perwinkles, not the barnacles;)
They have little tiny snails in them and you steam them and use a little pick to get out. Not my thing, too much work for a meal.

Debbie

arlyce said...

woo hoo, never win and i am too excited and appreciative of your generosity. I never eat winks, but my daughter has cooked them and my grandson thinks that they are a wonderful treat. thank you, arlyce

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Thank you so much for picking me! It's my very first blog win. Woo hoo! I'll get back with you soon.
((BIG GRIN))
Lauren