Friday, May 15, 2009

Kitty Pin Cushions

I am still working on my braided runner, but I think one more round should do it. It is not wide, but the length is what takes time going around. Once I finish that, I can go back to my large hooked runner and finish that.

I made up a some more Kitty pincushions from Rock River Stitches.
They are fun to make and work up quick. I think they will make great gifts to send for fun.

I am experimenting with different materials to see what I like best.
This one I did in black material for the kitty and a homespun for the base. I like working with homespun, it is soft and easy to handle. This one is my favorite, so far. The picture does not do it justice. I had extra room, so I put two spools on it.



The second one I did in ticking for the base and the kitty is made of wool. Wool is definitely easier to work with, and it hides a multiple of mistakes;) I really need to pay attention to my sewing, to keep the circles in shape, but mine end up a bit off here and there. I took some yarn and made a little ball out of it, love the look. I will make more when I get a chance and try different types of wool too.

8 comments:

Jacque. said...

Debbie...I LOVE the black one! Well...both are adorable, but the black one is singing to me! And, I don't even really like cats that much. Those are adorable.

primitivebettys said...

Those are so super~cute! :)

cynthialeedesigns said...

Your kitty pin cushions are adorable!!

Kathie said...

just adorable, I love the black one on the red/tan cushion just too cute.
adding the spools was a great idea...
Kathie

Joanne said...

Debbie - these are way too cute - love them.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

They both are so cute it would be hard to choose a favorite!

A Quilter Awakens said...

These pincushions are really cute! I bought the pattern and onasburg fabric, but also the new machine, so I am concentrating on learning to use it before I start anything new. Pincushions would be fun thing to start with. At least you make them look fun to make.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Oh SO cute! Love them!