Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Punch Pieces: Kitty and angels

Today I finished up two pieces that I had made. The first one is one I made a few months ago and wasn't sure what to do with it.
I made it into a pillow. I think Pillows are nice because you can hang them anywhere or put them in a group setting, so they are more versatile pieces. This one was based on an antique postcard, I love the design and am thinking of doing another someday in lighter colors.



The second is one I made this week. It is based on a design I found in an old sampler. It was a test sample, I like to see how they work up and what I do and don't like about a design before I make it into a pattern. I will probably rework this one differently and try another punch with it. This one I made into a thinner pillow, so that it can hang flatter on a cupboard or wall. Hopefully this coming week, I can get to work on the patterns some of you have requested and have them done by next weekend.

5 comments:

Karmen said...

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for your comment on the "Millie" blocks. It is getting tedious, and I think I am getting sloppy. I need to get back on my sewing machine. I can't wait until I learn punch needle so I can make some of the cool stuff like you make.
Karmen

appleberrycottage said...

I really like your projects! Do you over dye your own floss or age it after finish punching? I've been using Valdani, but might try using some tan Rit Dye and seeing how it comes out.

WoolenSails said...

I do dye some of my flosses. I use rit dye and try to match recipes that I use for wool dyes. They are not the same, but fun to experiment. I also use walnut spray on the pieces after I punch them, I like that the best.

Debbie

Kelly J said...

I absolutely love the cat at the sewing machine....what a great punchneedle project. It made smile....thanks!!
Kelly
http://IHaveANotion.blogspot.com

pammyjo said...

Your punch needle pieces are amazing. So intricate! You are so talented and creative. I love dropping by.