Friday, March 13, 2009

New Kitty Punch Needle

I finally decided on a mounting for my newest piece, Kitty Pull Toy. The board was a little bigger than the piece, so it left just enough room to add a small stitchery. I love how this piece turned out, has the old toy look to it and of course my favorite subject.

The sampler is another, create as I go. That animal is a dog, was supposed to be a cat, but looked like a monkey, lol. So, I took out the long tail and added a face and now it is a dog. Yes, I could look at a pattern and make an actual stitched cat, but what is the fun in that;)

It will be up for sale, tonight or if I don't make it, tomorrow, so if you are interested you can find it on my ebay.
Since ebay is no longer taking money orders and checks, I will put some items up on my blog for those of you, who have wanted to buy some of the pieces. If you see something you like and catch me before I list, make me a reasonable offer and it could be yours. I do not do special orders and I do not make the same item twice, so if you like something, let me know and I may be able to make a similar item for sale. I take requests and then when an item is finished, I give those who are interested, first option to buy.

I am also working on a braided rug. It is a long snake right now. Since it will be a long runner, I am braiding first, then I will stitch when I get the size I want. For the chair pads and smaller items, I braid a bit and sew as I go, to break up the monotony.

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

this is adorable, I love the wooden box the flowers are in. Did you paint that too?
Kathie

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Wonderful piece! wishing you high bids!!

WoolenSails said...

Actually, that was a home store buy. We have a tj max, and their home store in the same plaza. I am always hunting for good plants there.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

Darling Debbie! :)

moosecraft said...

Love it, love it, love it! You're really on a roll with these masterpieces Debbie! Very unique ideas that work so well!