Saturday, March 14, 2009

Antique reproduction punch needle

I made this punched piece a while back, but couldn't decide what to do with it.
It is a adaptation of an antique rug and I liked it the way it was, so today I decided to just leave it be.
I put two layers of cotton batting behind it and covered that with a blanket weight piece of wool.
I sewed it on with a blanket stitch and added the jute cord for hanging.
I looks great in every spot I hung it. I really need to do something with my twig wreath.

This will be another piece for sale and will be up, later tonight, on ebay.
I have been braiding and braiding, the never ending snake, lol. I am at the point where I will start sewing it together to see how much I have and how much more I need to go, to fill the hallway.

Today I hit Jo anns and got a few supplies, I just love coupons. Did you know that you can use online and mailed coupons on the same visit? As long the coupons have different numbers, you can use as many as you like. I was able to discount all my items, just love saving money.


7 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Awesome Debbie! :) Sounds like you have had one busy ~ but fun creative day!

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

Wow! I love your newest pieces! So colonial and wonderful!
My hubby and I are toying w/ the idea of making some 'cheater quilts' or quilted/fabric pictures. They look like they would be fun. Have you ever made them?
I really love the braided chair pads you've made. I admire your creations so much! Penny

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Debbie, another great piece! Love the colors!

WoolenSails said...

I bought a cheater panel and still working on it. I got laural burche's Jungle songs. I thought it would be something I could work on in my spare time when I had nothing else to do, lol.

It is a lot of sewing and will take me a year at this rate, tempted to put it on the machine;) I think applique is faster for me. With panels, you have a larger area to work on, so harder to hold it while I sew.

Debbie

Jacque. said...

Hey Debbie...sorry I haven't made a comment lately. Been reading your blog postings...just not commenting. Anyway. You are keeping so busy and coming up with the most awesome designs. YAY! Keep up the good work! I will mail out those floss thingies later this week. Haven't forgotten.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your needle punch pieces are so great. You sure keep busy!
:)Ginger

Renee said...

I LOVE your punch needle rug reproduction - soooooo wonderful! Makes me want to get out some punch needle stuff to play with . . . no wait there are already five projects in progress that are on my table!
xoxx, Renée