Today I finished my Snow Lady. I got the original pattern from Twigs and Sprigs and it grew from there. She has wonderful patterns for all types of mediums and you can get instant patterns as well as freebies. I want to do her angel and lambs for the spring. I think it will be fun to do seasonal hangings that I can change out.
I made tabs by hand sewing on strips of the border color, to the backing. Since the quilt is washed and stiffer, I just used 3 tabs. I like the primitive looks of tabs and they are quick and easy. Plus, I can always take them off if I want to redo it another way. I plan on hanging it from stick I have been saving, now if I can just remember where I put it:) So, for now I just threw it up on a dowel without tying properly, to get a shot. I really need to get a tripod, I shake too much.
I also used a new product for me, June tailor's fusible batting. It really was so much easier than pinning and it is nice and stiff and took well to a washing. For some reason the other package is different, even though it is the same product, need to check into that. I like the stiff one, great for machine sewing, but tough for the hand quilting.
I still need to clean my wools in the cellar, a lot is in boxes, and the ones on shelves are all over the floor. We know what the furry creatures are doing at night;) Dora has one spot she sleeps on, so I keep old wool there. But, I am finding hair all over now and I found the culprit today. Izzy seems to want to leave her mark and fur on every spot in my house. I was thinking if I got her to gain some weight, maybe she would be too lazy to go in the high spots;)
The Archie Butt Quilt Contest 1911
7 hours ago